Monday, September 24, 2012

Stop Motion Animation of Falling



When I came across this assignment, I wanted to use squash and stretch to make the fall more believable. Here I ran into my first problem, I tried to use the normal tennis ball, I wasn't be able to change it shapes, so the stop motion appear very dull and lifeless. Then I realized that I need to find something that I can easily change the shape so I can do squash and stretch easier. I finally figure out I can use one of my socks and make it behave like a ball. This way I can really make the the "sock ball" stretch when it goes down to indicate that it's going down fast, and squash after the contact so indicate its weight. After shooting a sequence of pictures, I encountered my second problem: the technical part. I tried to use the Samanimation website, but unfortunately the website was temporary shut down. So I then used Photoshop to create a GIF file, and finally figure out how to post it on Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment